If you are dealing with a painful condition that limits your ability to work, you may be considering filing a Social Security Disability claim. This process can be confusing and intimidating. You may be tricked or fall into a trap that makes you unable to receive benefits for your injuries. Some of the worst mistakes that you can make are:

  1. Not filing an appeal after your claim is denied, or not filing it on time. You generally only have 60 days after you get denied to file your appeal. Some people get discouraged after the first time and don't even bother filing their appeal. This is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Social Security denies people that deserve benefits all the time. You may end up winning if you file an appeal. It's a good idea to speak with an attorney who can help you make the right decisions during this process.

  2. Not having a doctor follow your case. A doctor is really the only one who can understand your injuries and explain exactly how they restrict you at work. Stick with your doctor throughout your case and always follow his or her instructions.

  3. Trying to go through this alone. Unless you fully understand the law, it's easy to make a mistake that may prevent you from getting the benefits you are entitled to. It's always a good idea to hire a social security disability attorney to prevent this from happening.

Avoiding these three mistakes may help you win your case. If you have any questions about the social security disability process, you should get in contact with an experienced NJ social security disability lawyer. Manfred Ricciardelli has 20 years of experience helping New Jersey residents file their social security disability claims. Call our office at 973-285-1100 to set up a free consultation and discuss your legal options.

Manfred Ricciardelli
Connect with me
Morristown Workers' Compensation Lawyer
I have already been denied, and am now in the reconsideration phase. Now I am being told by different therapists and doctors that my mental illness has to be bad enough to keep me out of work for a year.and that you would have had to be hospitalized for your conditions 2 of my drs won't approve that length of time but will approve time for up to 9 month of not being capable of working, although there have been times I was so manic they wanted me to go to crisis to put me in for my bipolar I manic and confusion, and paranoia. and panic disorder. How can I find a doctor who would be willing to attest to me not being able to work for 12 months or more? Because as God is my witness, I cant work anymore. At least the work ive been doing for 24 years administrative assistant. Any advice
by Susan Salvato September 28, 2012 at 04:26 PM
Post a Comment