How Do I Know If My Child Has Lead Poisoning?
Increased levels of lead to the human body can poison our organs and tissues. Although anyone can get lead poisoning, children are at a higher risk because they are more likely to put lead-contaminated toys or paint chips in their mouths. Lead poisoning is rarely caused by one instance; it is usually a gradual, month-by-month process. Exposure to lead can affect a child’s developing brain or growing body.
Some of the most common symptoms of lead poisoning in children are:
- Mental Slowness/Loss of IQ Points
- Lack of concentration
Some ways to protect children from lead exposure is to upgrade old plumbing, wash your kids’ hands and toys frequently, mop and wipe dusty surfaces, and provide a diet with foods that are high in iron and calcium.
If you or someone you love is showing symptoms of lead poisoning, it is important to consult a doctor to receive a blood test. If you believe the lead exposure was caused by negligence, it would be advisable to contact an experienced NJ personal injury attorney. Please contact Manfred Ricciardelli at 973-285-1100 for a free consultation.
1 Comments to "How Do I Know If My Child Has Lead Poisoning?"
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "How Do I Know If My Child Has Lead Poisoning?"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."