Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-360-0183
Phone: 973-285-1100
Manfred F. Ricciardelli Jr., LLC
Call 973-285-1100
Toll Free 877-360-0183

I was injured at my old job and want to file a workers’ comp claim. What can I do?

Blog Category:
Comments (0)

When you leave a job, whether you quit or were fired, a lot changes in your life. One thing that doesn’t change is your ability to file a workers’ comp claim. 

If you had a specific accident while working for an earlier employer, you keep all your legal rights to file or continue a workers comp claim against that employer. If you need medical care, the earlier employer’s insurance carrier must still provide that care. If you are unable to work, you must be paid for your lost time. If you have a permanent loss of function, you are still entitled to money for your injury.

If you have an occupational exposure claim that doesn’t manifest until after you left the earlier employment, you can still file a claim against the earlier employer. One common example is a worker who is exposed to asbestos on a job. That worker might not get asbestosis or lung disease until many years after leaving the employment where he was exposed. That doesn’t make a difference. He can still file a claim against his earlier employer

As is true in any case, you do still need to be aware of the statute of limitations for filing a work injury claim in New Jersey. How this statute runs is a little complicated.  The best thing to do is to call an experienced Workers Comp Attorney right away and give him all the facts. 

If you have suffered a specific accident or exposure while working for an earlier employer, you may be entitled to compensation.  A local attorney can help. Manfred F. Ricciardelli, Jr. has over twenty years of workers’ comp law experience. The law can be tricky, but Mr. Ricciardelli can help you decide if your case is worth pursuing and will help you build it. For more information and to schedule your free consultation, fill out our online contact form or call us today at (973) 285-1100.

Category: Workers' Comp

Manfred Ricciardelli
Dedicated To Helping You

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "How to File a WC Claim With an Old Employer"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.

Live Chat