The worst has happened: you returned to work after a long period of rehabilitation, and the stress of the job has caused the injury to come back. Now you’re back at home, in pain, and unable to work—you sacrificed your Social Security benefits in order to take the job. Now what do you do?
Fortunately, you may not have to apply for Social Security disability benefits all over again. If you returned to work, you can request to have your benefits started again—a process called "expedited reinstatement" (EXR).
You may qualify for expedited reinstatement of your NJ Social Security disability benefits if:
- Your current impairment is the same as—or related to—the original injury that you received previous disability benefits for.
- Your previous disability benefits ended because you began working.
- Your previous disability benefits ended because you earned a substantial income.
- You are not currently not performing substantial gainful activity.
- Your medical condition prohibits you from performing substantial gainful activity.
- You continue to meet the SSA’s definition of disability.
Workers can file for expedited reinstatement within 5 years after the date of their previous benefits’ termination. While the SSA determines your eligibility, you may get temporary benefits for up to 6 months, including cash payments and Medicare coverage.
Once your EXR request is approved, your benefits will continue as before for up to 24 months. Depending on your financial situation, your eligible spouse and dependent children may qualify for benefits.
To find out how to get the maximum amount of disability payments in New Jersey, contact NJ Social Security disability lawyer Manfred F. Ricciardelli, Jr. today at 877.360.0183 to begin your FREE consultation. For more information on work-related injuries, click the link above to download our FREE book, What the Injured Worker Needs to Know: Your Workers Comp Guide.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "How to Quickly Reinstate Your NJ Social Security Disability Benefits"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."