Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-360-0183
Phone: 973-285-1100
Manfred F. Ricciardelli Jr., LLC
Call 973-285-1100
Toll Free 877-360-0183

Social Security Pays Costs for Adults Disabled Since Childhood in NJ

Blog Category:
Manfred Ricciardelli
Comments (0)

If you are the parent an adult who has been disabled since childhood, you will likely need all the help you can get to pay for the costs of his medical care. The Social Security Administration has special rules regarding these children, but what you may not know is that there are additional forms of income to which you and your child could be entitled.

Social Security for Disabled Adults

Here are a few things that can affect your children’s social security benefits in NJ:

  • Parents’ benefits. Your adult child can receive disability benefits, as well as Social Security Income under his own name. However, your child may receive a higher amount under your benefit record than his own.
  • Parents’ employment. If an adult child’s parents never worked, no benefits can be paid into his parents’ earnings record. All benefits the adult child receives must be paid into his own Social Security account. 
  • Employment. Adult children do not need to have been employed at any time to receive benefits, since his payments will be paid on a guardian’s record. However, if he has worked, benefits may be paid to either record.
  • Income. If the adult child does work, he will lose his Social Security benefits if he earns a substantial amount of income. This amount is set by the Social Security Administration and changes year to year.

At Manfred F. Ricciardelli, Jr., we can help you understand the rules surrounding your family’s Social Security benefits and get you the maximum amount you need for your child’s care. Call us today at (877) 360-0183 or fill out the contact form on this page to start your FREE consultation, or click the link above to download our FREE electronic book, What the Injured Worker Needs to Know: Your Workers Comp Guide. 

Category: Social Security

Manfred Ricciardelli
Morristown Workers' Compensation Lawyer

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "Social Security Pays Costs for Disabled Adults"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.

Live Chat