If you are like many victims of traumatic brain injury, you likely feel pain, sorrow, and anxiety. You may be frustrated that you cannot remember things, worried that your lost mental abilities will never return—and terrified that you will never be able to go back to work.
This is especially true for victims who suffer a temporal lobe injury or a blow to the sides of the head. Often a result of New Jersey side-impact car accidents, these injuries may cause the brain to swell, placing pressure on the brain tissues and causing severe cognitive problems.
Temporal lobe injuries in New Jersey may cause any or all of the following symptoms:
- Memory loss, including problems recalling names, dates, or other well-known facts
- Difficulty with language, including an inability to respond to or understand verbal speech
- Sequencing problems, such as an inability to complete tasks or arrange information in the correct order
- Auditory issues, such as hearing loss or ringing in the ears
- Personality changes, including mood swings, absent-mindedness, or making impulsive decisions
Many head injury victims will suffer the effects of the trauma for the rest of their lives. Those who do recover will often need months or even years of therapy before they are able to regain lost functions or find a way to cope with their impairment, often resulting in a severe loss of personal income.
Trusted Morristown NJ car accident attorney Manfred F. Ricciardelli, Jr. has years of experience helping victims get the compensation they deserve after an injury. Call us today at (877) 360-0183, or click the link on this page to begin your FREE, one-on-one consultation. The call is FREE, and we charge you nothing unless we win your case.