If you have had your application for Social Security benefits denied, you’re probably wondering which steps to take next. Should you apply for state benefits, get a second opinion, or do you have no other choice than going back to work?

Don’t give up just yet! The majority of Social Security benefit applications are denied the first time, leaving many applicants to wonder what to do next. Your first step after receiving a denial of benefits is to prepare for an appeal, also called a Request for Reconsideration.

The steps to Filing a Strong Request for Reconsideration in New Jersey

  • Do your homework – Your claim file will be given to a new disability examiner who has never seen your case before. You may contact Disability Determination Services (DDS) to find out who is making the decision and what their medical background is.
  • Update your information – You are allowed to provide new evidence in your case when requesting reconsideration. This may include new symptoms, medical records, and test results indicating a change or worsening of your condition.
  • Be thorough – You may have already listed your past conditions on the claim, but you should make note of any worsening of past conditions. For example, if you have been suffering from depression and were prescribed medication that makes you nauseated, that is a side effect of treatment and that should be taken into account.

Your attorney may also submit statements from your doctors, psychiatrists, or physical therapists to give the medical examiner an accurate account of your condition. After the information has been submitted, your representative should stay in contact with DDS until your case has been heard.

So what happens if your second request is also denied? Contact Manfred F. Ricciardelli, Jr. today at 877-360-0183 or click the link on this page to find out how to file a case to get the benefits you deserve.

Manfred Ricciardelli
Connect with me
Morristown Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Informative blog post - Incidentally , if your company requires a SSA-561-U2 , my colleagues filled out and faxed a template form here http://goo.gl/c3VPYa
by Davida Harnish April 15, 2016 at 07:13 PM
Post a Comment