physical therapyWhen you have a NJ work injury, you may request medical care so you can recover and get back to work. Your employer's insurance company has the right to choose the doctor you go to. However, they must be reasonable during this process. This means choosing doctors that are located in your area and familiar with your problem.

What Your Employer Must Do If You Are Injured

Your employer must pay for the entire cost of your medical care. This includes all of your doctor's visits, medications, and supportive devices (i.e. crutches). If the doctor determines that you cannot work, your employer must pay for your missed time at work. If the doctor determines that you can work but with restrictions, your employer must put you on light duty or pay you for your time out of work.

Do Not Delay or Forgo Necessary Medical Treatment

This process does not always go smoothly. It's possible that your employer's doctor could release you from medical care before you are ready. In some cases, an employer will deny the case altogether and never provide medical care. If you agree with those decisions, you can try to resolve your case for a cash settlement. However, if you feel that your condition will improve with medical care, you can challenge the doctor's opinion.

If Your Employer Refuses to Provide Medical Care

If your employer refuses to provide the medical care you need, you can file a Motion for Temporary Disability and Medical Benefits. Basically, this means you are asking the Court to force your employer to provide the additional benefits. To be successful, you'll need a qualified doctor to show that you need additional medical care and/or that you are unable to work. You will attach the doctor's medical opinion to your motion papers and file them with the court.

Consult a Workers' Compensation Lawyer

Are you having trouble receiving medical care for your NJ work-related injury? Get in touch with a Morristown work injury lawyer today for help. Manfred Ricciardelli has over 20 years of experience representing injured workers in New Jersey. He will protect your rights and fight to get you the benefits you and your family need. For a free consultation, contact us today at 973-285-1100. If you hire us to represent you, we don't get paid unless we win your case.

Manfred Ricciardelli
Connect with me
Morristown Workers' Compensation Lawyer