A Morristown Car Accident Attorney Helps You Get Payment for a Serious Leg Fracture
You knew that your leg was broken the moment your car accident took place. Now that your doctor has confirmed it, you’re wondering what kind of recovery you’re in for—and how your income is going to suffer now that you’ll be unable to work for months.
New Jersey car accident victims can suffer breaks throughout the length of the leg, ankle, and foot, including:
- A broken leg. A leg fracture can occur anywhere on the three bones of the victim’s leg, including the femur, tibia, or fibula. In many cases, victims will have multiple fractures involving all three bones.
- Broken ankles. Victims whose feet become wedged beneath the pedals or into the footwell may suffer fractures in the ankle joint, breaking the ends of the tibia and fibula, as well as the talus bone.
- A fractured foot. There are multiple bones in the feet that may be broken in a crash, including the toe bones and the metatarsals (long bones connecting the toes to the rest of the foot).
As you may imagine, there are many complications of a lower-limb fracture. Victims who have suffered broken legs, ankles, or feet may experience any or all of the following:
- Pain. In most cases, a bone fracture will cause extreme pain at the time of injury and worsen with movement (such as walking or putting weight on the injury).
- Bone protrusion. Some victims may see obvious evidence that their bones have been severed, including cuts, puncture wounds, or bone fragments protruding from the skin.
- Altered appearance. The injury site may have swelling, bruising, or tenderness for days after the accident, and may be deformed after healing if the bones are not properly aligned.
Treatment for these kinds of breaks can range anywhere from resting the injured limb to surgical intervention. Some victims may need implants or fixation devices—wires, nails, rods, or screws that are inserted into the broken bones to keep them properly aligned during healing.
Whether your broken bone required a cast, immobility, or external fixation, the legal team at Manfred F. Ricciardelli, Jr. can help you get compensation for your medical bills and time off work. Call (877) 360-0183 today, or click the link on this page to begin your FREE consultation with a trusted Morristown personal injury attorney. The call is free, and we don’t charge you anything unless we win your case.