When you have been injured at work and are applying for Workers' Compensation benefits, you will need to fill out a number of forms. It’s important to complete them accurately and on time, so your claim isn’t delayed or denied. 

A New Jersey Workers' Compensation attorney may be able to assist with the paperwork. An attorney can help sort through some of the confusion and guide you throughout the process. 

Common Types of Workers' Compensation Forms 

One of the first forms you should fill out is an injury/accident report. This should be done right after your work injury or as soon as you know of an illness or injury that happened on the job. 

You may not be able to fill out an accident report if you require immediate medical attention. As long as you do it as soon as you can, you will protect yourself. Some states have certain timeframes in which this report should be filed. An attorney who understands New Jersey law can help. 

You should understand that you may need to complete forms related to your medical treatment and care. Some of this should include your own documentation, which can be used as evidence. This may include copies of your x-rays, medical records, lab work, prescriptions and any other medical treatment related to your work injury. Keep all of your documentation and copies of forms you fill out together. 

Another form you may need to complete is related to your earnings. This will help determine the amount of benefits that may be available. Along with this form, you may be asked for additional income documentation, such as your tax returns from the previous year, pay stubs for the past 6 months and anything else pertaining to your earning history. The forms may vary depending on the state you live in. 

Of course, depending on where you live, there could be additional types of paperwork and forms that must be completed. The best way to understand the forms and to learn which ones are necessary is to consult an experienced Workers' Compensation attorney. 

Help from a Workers' Compensation Attorney in Morristown

When you have questions concerning the process of obtaining Workers' Compensation benefits or have been denied benefits, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible. We may be able to help. 

The law firm of Manfred F. Ricciardelli Jr., LLC represents good, honest people in work accidents, New Jersey Workers' Compensation cases, Social Security disability claims and New Jersey car accident claims. Call us at 1-973-285-1100 or toll-free at 1-877-360-0183 today for a free consultation.

Manfred Ricciardelli
Connect with me
Morristown Workers' Compensation Lawyer